- Donna Mae on Book Review Policy
- Multicultural Children's Book Day: A Recap and Some REALLY Big Thank Yous - Jump Into A Book on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Celebrating Diversity in Children's Literature on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Valarie on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Book Giveaway! (oh yeah, and my review): The Escape by Kathryn Lasky | Monkey Poop on 3 Questions for Kathryn Lasky, Author of The Escape (Horses of the Dawn Book 1)
Tag Archives: medical fiction
I have noticed a trend in my recent reviews. If a book has serious themes in it, I often preface my review by saying “I thought I wouldn’t like this but…” or “I was scared to read it but..” But … Continue reading
Q: (edited to remove specifics about the manuscript) In the book my one lead character – a Brain surgeon – will be performing two major surgeries during the life of the book, one on [an animal], and the other she … Continue reading
I am very confused as to what to say about this book (Book 2 in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series). It is a very poetic, lyrical, character-driven, romantic book…about werewolves. On the one hand, I can’t say enough about … Continue reading
Q: From writer DH (question edited for clarity): If you don’t mind, I’m having a hard time writing a scene for childbirth, and I can’t seem to stomach watching the youtube videos detailing birth. So I was hoping to get … Continue reading
From my blog post over at TVGeekArmy.com: I hate hospital shows. Not all of them, just the ones that take themselves too seriously, like Grey’s Anatomy, or ER, or… okay all of them. Having worked in a hospital myself, I get … Continue reading
I have gotten a great response from my guest post over at the GLA blog about writing a hospital scene. A few of the questions have just been way too specific for me to answer, but this past week I … Continue reading
I’ve gotten a bunch of emails about my “How to Write a Hospital Scene” guest post from writers curious about how to fix their manuscripts. I’m working on a followup blog post, but until then–got a medical fiction question? Email … Continue reading