- Donna Mae on Book Review Policy
- Multicultural Children's Book Day: A Recap and Some REALLY Big Thank Yous - Jump Into A Book on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Celebrating Diversity in Children's Literature on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Valarie on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Book Giveaway! (oh yeah, and my review): The Escape by Kathryn Lasky | Monkey Poop on 3 Questions for Kathryn Lasky, Author of The Escape (Horses of the Dawn Book 1)
Tag Archives: landwalker
“Where do you get your ideas?” This is one of the questions that authors dread because it comes up so frequently, pretty much every time they take questions at signings or other events. I went to an event with Jane Yolen once … Continue reading
As many of you already know (because you heard me enthusing about it a million times online), I was one of two recipients this year of PEN-New England’s Susan P. Bloom Children’s Book Discovery Award. Basically, this is an award … Continue reading
Come see me read from my manuscript! Here’s more info: 4th Annual Susan P. Bloom Children’s Book Discovery Award Sunday, May 6, 2012, 6:30 p.m. THE AMPHITHEATRE Lesley University, Cambridge (University Hall, 1815 Massachusetts Avenue) Winners AMITHA KNIGHT for her … Continue reading
I am very excited to share the news that I am one of two winners of the 2012 PEN New England Susan P. Bloom Children’s Book Discovery Award (phew! try saying that 10 times fast!). This award came as a big … Continue reading
My writing and my parenting seem to be taking over my ability to churn out blog posts. Huh. Didn’t see that one coming. So I thought I’d do a quick update on my various writing projects (I’m feeling a little … Continue reading
All right, so I didn’t “win” NaNoWriMo. I only wrote about 18,000 words during this month (plus whatever I manage to write tonight, if anything). But if you add in the 8,000 words I already had for this manuscript, I have … Continue reading
I’m participating in NaNoWriMo this year! The point of National Novel Writing Month is basically to take one month to write one new full novel of at least 50,000 words. While I will be taking a novel I’ve already started … Continue reading
I miss the good old days before the baby (writing-wise, at least). I’d roll out of bed, eat breakfast, and then write until I was finished for the day. I was pretty good at setting goals and getting work done, … Continue reading