- Donna Mae on Book Review Policy
- Multicultural Children's Book Day: A Recap and Some REALLY Big Thank Yous - Jump Into A Book on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Celebrating Diversity in Children's Literature on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Valarie on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Book Giveaway! (oh yeah, and my review): The Escape by Kathryn Lasky | Monkey Poop on 3 Questions for Kathryn Lasky, Author of The Escape (Horses of the Dawn Book 1)
Tag Archives: kindle
I bought a Kindle in 2009 and since then I’ve been keeping track of my reading statistics on Goodreads. My previous year’s stats are in brackets, though the 2009 post is a little difficult to decipher since I wasn’t interested … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about anything. I’ve written a whole bunch of blog posts in my head, but unfortunately, none of them actually made it to the computer, which means I don’t remember a one of them. … Continue reading
From Words to Brain by Livia Blackburne What happens when you read? How does your brain derive meaning from words on a page? My writing buddy Livia, attempts to answer these questions by explaining some of the latest in neuroscience research in … Continue reading
I recently went to the Central Park Zoo (which isn’t nearly as impressive as the Bronx Zoo, but still pretty nice) and was thrilled to see a red panda up close! I was one of many tourists shoving my way … Continue reading
I’ve had my Kindle 2 for more than a year now (purchased Feb 2009). So the big question is–how much have I actually used it? Here are my stats (made easier by Goodreads–I might have to add a new bookshelf … Continue reading
I haven’t blogged about this yet because for some reason I though Barnes and Noble’s e-reader had already been announced (probably due to all the speculation online about it). Anyway, from the website, B&N’s Nook features many snazzy things that … Continue reading
One thing I like about my Kindle is its ability to highlight passages/words and view them outside of the book in a separate file. I use this feature to highlight words that I ended up looking in the dictionary and … Continue reading
this e-reader (called the Readius) looks really cool to me, but I guess they’ve been having trouble finding investors. I wish I could get a closer look at it. I wonder how durable the flexible screen is, but then, I’m … Continue reading