- Donna Mae on Book Review Policy
- Multicultural Children's Book Day: A Recap and Some REALLY Big Thank Yous - Jump Into A Book on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Celebrating Diversity in Children's Literature on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Valarie on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Book Giveaway! (oh yeah, and my review): The Escape by Kathryn Lasky | Monkey Poop on 3 Questions for Kathryn Lasky, Author of The Escape (Horses of the Dawn Book 1)
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Scars by Cheryl Rainfield is an incredibly powerful story about self-harm, rape, abuse, and homophobia written in a completely authentic and compelling (and non-overwhelming!) way. Never did I question the author’s “teen voice” or authority to tell this story. When … Continue reading
My toddler likes to quote from some of her favorite books. Let’s see if you can guess which ones these are! Mystery Book #1: Toddler runs inside the house from outside and closes the door. She runs to hug my … Continue reading
The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall A sweet, funny story about four rambunctious sisters on summer vacation. The perfect read for those last days of summer vacation when you’re … Continue reading
We spent a week last month in Cornwall, and maybe someday I’ll feel like blogging about our amazing trip. But for now, I thought I’d share a strange little board book my daughter fell in love with that we found … Continue reading