You’ve heard of book mashups right? Where you take two different types of stories and mix them up? Like in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Well today I’m going to give you 10 ideas for Monkey Mashups:
- Hairy Potter and the Chamber of Secret Bananas: Hairy is worried when he can hear monkeys talking through the walls at Monkeywarts.
- Anne the Monkey of Green Gables: The Cuthberts are really surprised when they get a little monkey instead of a little boy.
- The Secret Garden of Monkeys: Mary Lennox is surprised to find a secret garden full of monkeys at the manor.
- Winnie-the-Monkeyish-Pooh: Silly old Monkey!
- The Graveyard Monkey Book: oh wait. this was based on the Jungle book, maybe this isn’t much of a mashup.
- Bridge to Monkeybithia: A sad story about a boy who befriends a monkey. The monkey shows him a magical madeup world but there is a very sad ending. (I probably wouldn’t be able to read this book!)
- The Monkey, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: Features Aslan as a golden Lion Tamarin
- Are you there God, it’s me, Monkey: Where a little girl monkey confronts her puberty issues. <–great for the preteen monkeys in your household
- Charlie and the Banana Factory: Charlie, a sweet little monkey, finds the Golden Sticker on a Willy Wonka Banana and gets to tour the magical Banana Factory along with four bratty little monkeys.
and last but not least…
- Twilight: New Monkey: Just one word–Weremonkeys!
Have any great ideas for a Monkey Mashup?