- Donna Mae on Book Review Policy
- Multicultural Children's Book Day: A Recap and Some REALLY Big Thank Yous - Jump Into A Book on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Celebrating Diversity in Children's Literature on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Valarie on Multicultural Children’s Book Day: Picture Books and Board Books Galore!
- Book Giveaway! (oh yeah, and my review): The Escape by Kathryn Lasky | Monkey Poop on 3 Questions for Kathryn Lasky, Author of The Escape (Horses of the Dawn Book 1)
Monthly Archives: December 2009
Millionaire Matchmaker returns to Bravo on Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm (et) — I love this show! Matchmaker Patti Stanger is brassy, crass, and rude, but 99% of the time, she knows what she’s talking about. Unfortunately, the millionaires don’t … Continue reading
In addition to critiquing each other’s writing every other week, my critique group has a monthly (published) book discussion. We read MG to YA and all sorts of genres. Some of them we’ve loved and others….not so much. Right now … Continue reading
Happy Tree Day Eve everyone! I thought I’d post some quick reviews for a few more movies I watched this past week: Mixed Nuts — An 1994 movie starring Steve Martin and directed by Nora Ephron. I have seen this movie … Continue reading
I’ve seen several episodes of Chef Academy so far and will probably keep watching. But for some reason I can’t really say I recommend the show. Here’s the premise: French Chef Jean Novelli opens a Chef School in Los Angeles … Continue reading
Caprica premieres January 22nd at 9pm/8pm central on Syfy. I hope it’s good! See my previous post about the comic-con trailer.
Hooray! Since my last post Ugly Betty has gotten waay better. They got rid of the stupid completely insane storylines and stuck with the more soap-opera-y type of storylines. Phew! Ugly Betty isn’t going down the drain after all. I’m … Continue reading
As I set my DVR for this December, I look up shows on IMDB to find out how interested I am in recording them. Then, I put the bad ones in a list of shows I’m purposely NOT recording. Here’s … Continue reading